Tuesday 27 September 2011

Let The Cooking Begin!

Today we began preparing for tomorrow's event with Paul Clarke, by preparing an industrial amount of cake and pastries!

Apples were peeled, onions were chopped and St.Michael's kitchen was a frenzy of activity!







Apparently the apple cake turned out great, and tomorrow we will complete all the preparation for the evening event, which will now fulfill both appetite for food and knowledge!

I also enjoyed my own small victory in a step towards growing my own food, with a salad to accompany my dinner, and a apple and blackberry crumble for dessert.


Although not quite 'feeding the family' as I aim for, it was a lot tastier than the supermarket lettuce I have grown used to, and Charlie loved making the crumble, as well as eating it!




So if you fancy finding out more about the Incredible Edible projects that Todmorden have run, and want to give us a helping hand (or mouth) working our way through 8 apple cakes, come down to listen to Paul Clarke tomorrow at 6pm at Neston Primary School.

No comments:

Post a Comment