Friday 23 March 2012

Spring is sprung, and I'm a busy bee!

It's been all go this week with Incredible Edible!

On Thursday Zaria, Dot and I went to have a look at our first Garden Share site. Despite not being used for a couple of years, the beds are well kept and there's compost bins and water butts.

The greenhouse needs a good clear-out, although there's plenty of room in there for tomatoes, cucumbers etc. It's even got and electricity supply for heating in winter!

There is also a concrete pond, which is unfortunately split, although I did suggest that we could get a liner for it, orfill it in and have it as a bog garden.

Zaria is so excited she might even go down this weekend, although I will be going down myself  next weekend on the Saturday (31st March) or Sunday (1st April). Anyone who wants to come along and help is more than welcome!




On Thursday afternoon I paid a visit to Neston PrimarySchool and continued clearing their raised beds, although this time I had lots of little helpers! The beds were cleared in no time at all, and next week plants can start to be added.

I also went up to Neston High School to continue work with them on their beds. This week we put in some fruit bushes and finished adding the soil conditioner to their existing raised beds. Next week we plan to plant lettuce!


St.Winnifred's also had a visit from myself, and their beds where weeded, fruit bushes planted and lettuce plugs put in, along with a tunnel to protect them. Mr. Town and Mr. Settle are keen to get some more exotic plants, so next week I'll be sourcing some tomatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment